Spike Hall describes some structuring elements in knowledge creation efforts in classes:
- Formal Debate
- Each participant committed to active participation with a reward for doing so.
- Moral Dimension of Student Product: Students were assigned to an
- advisory committee advising a business on the negative impact of
- business activity on public health.
- Student activity within advisory committee constrained within a series
- of production stages.
- First stage: identify facts, debate solutions and propose a synthesis.
- Next three steps: Test the solutions against a prescribed set of principles.
- Final Stage: Provide an [executive] summary
This resembles some of the principles in a course guide (german) I have put online for my own seminars.
Leave a Reply