This another slide of my presentation, but this one is probably the most important for me as this is the frame I use to think about weblogs in my PhD research trying to summarise (possible) uses/benefits of blogging for knowledge workers.
What’s in it for me?
- Personal information management
- Watching trends, staying updated (~’search’ strategy)
- Documenting experiences and ideas
- Organising links, ideas and references
- Dialogue and networking
- Getting feedback and evaluation of ideas, engaging in conversations
- Establish contacts based on common interests
- Emergent community
- As a result of:
- staying updated
- organising ideas
- being part of a community
As a side effect: writing, communication, search and technology skills